Looking to learn more information about local projects around Baytown? Want to share your ideas on topics that interest you? Welcome to Baytown Engage, the City of Baytown’s online public engagement platform, where we are listening to you. Baytown Engage is open to everyone who lives, works or plays here; as well as people who own property or a business here.
This engagement platform is a new way for you to provide input to elected official and city staff quickly and easily. Whether you have 5 minutes or more time to share, you can learn what is happening in your local government and share your thoughts. We want to hear what you have to say on projects, programs, and topics that affect you and your neighbors.
Q: Why is the City of Baytown engaging online?
Traditional public engagement or community involvement usually involves attending a public meeting or providing written submissions to council, and this can often be time consuming and inconvenient, and sometimes intimidating. However, Baytown Engage gives you the opportunity to have your say on issues that are important to you, at a time and place of your choice.
- It is a quick, safe and convenient way to have your say on a range of issues and topics.
- It is a great way to keep up to date and contribute your views on issues affecting your community.
- You can see what other community members think about an issue or topic, respond with your own views and engage in a discussion.
- You do not have to attend community meetings at a set place and time, you can contribute at a time and place that suits you.
- It allows for a range of different people, with different views to discuss matters that may impact their community.
Q: How do I submit my feedback?
A: Each project on Baytown Engage is a little unique depending upon the engagement level required for that project. Visit the project page that you are interested in and submit your feedback via the online discussion forums, quick polls, forms and surveys for each of the projects currently open for consultation.
To participate for the first time, simply:
- Sign up for Baytown Engage by clicking on the "Sign In" button in the top right of any page
- Choose a username and password
- Answer a few quick questions about you
- You will receive an email to validate your email address
- Return to the website and click the "Sign In" button
Q: Why do I need to register in order to make a comment?
A: While registration is not required to view the content of the Baytown Engage site or to view other people's comments or questions, it is necessary to use many of the more interactive engagement tools offered here. We ask you to register for a few reasons:
- It helps us better understand if the feedback we receive accurately represents the demographics of our city and see which groups might not be well-represented so we can better target our marketing and promotion efforts.
- It promotes accountability and encourages people to provide more thoughtful responses because feedback can be attributed to them.
- It also means that we can send you updates about the projects you engage with and let you know when new projects you might be interested in are posted.
Q: Can I use Baytown Engage anonymously?
A: Yes. Even when you register and post comments, the only thing that is visible to other users is your Username. If you want to remain anonymous, don't use your actual name as your Username.
Q: What happens to my feedback/comments?
A: All comments, ideas and suggestions are collated and used by the relevant project teams to inform the development of strategies, programs and activities, or to gain an insight into community views and opinions.
Often, feedback provided online is used in conjunction with other face-to-face engagement activities, such as stakeholder interviews, public meetings/hearings and open houses.
When a project closes, all feedback/comments are compiled into a report, which will be presented to decision-makers at the City.
All feedback provided during consultation will be considered; however, this does not mean that every suggestion will affect the project or be adopted as proposed.
Note: All comments you make through this website will become public records for anyone to read.
Q: Is my privacy protected?
A: Yes! Your privacy is absolutely protected and the city will only use your email to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in consultations.
Q: Who can I contact about Baytown Engage?
A: Baytown Engage is managed by the City of Baytown’s Community Engagement Coordinator.
If you have any questions about content on this site or the City's public engagement processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.